Golden Globes 2013

Now that the Golden Globes is over, I am not that happy with the results. How did Argo win Best Picture (Drama), because there are definitely much better shows! I was very happy that Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Les Miserables won for Best Actor (Musical / Comedy), Best Supporting Actress (Musical / Comedy) and Best Picture (Musical / Comedy), as I have been rooting for them all the way!

Ben Affleck's Best Director win came as a surprise though, in light of the stiff competition he was facing, but still, he did not do that bad a job with Argo. Unfortunately, he was not nominated for the Oscars. Neither was Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty), Tom Hooper (Les Miserables) and the one who did Cloud Atlas.

Perhaps this time round the competition is between Ang Lee and Steven Spielberg? Does that mean Life of Pi would win Best Picture? Or Lincoln? The French show Armour is not a bad contender too. However, I would think Lincoln (although I have not seen it) is a better Best Picture as compared to Life of Pi, but of course, I would still prefer Les Miserables to win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...